Aaron Zelin comes back on the show to discuss Tunisian foreign fighters going to Iraq and Syria, and how Tunisia is handling security issues. Topics we covered include:
- Radicalization of jihadists in prison
- How the democratic transition enabled free movement
- Tunisian government’s evolution in dealing with jihadis
- Instability on Tunisia’s borders
- Potential for regular jihadi attacks to become the new normal
- International support for civil society and security efforts
Tinderbox - a personal content assistant that helps you visualize, analyze, and share your notes. Download and try it today!